Thursday, July 9, 2020

Sautéed okra without oil

It was not happened intentionally.
When the dish was cooked, I was surprised to see that no oil was used. So thought of sharing.
This season we have plenty of okra.
Sautéed okra is a delicious side dish with rice.
We love it. For a change I use to cut it into thin circles, lengthy pieces, diagonal cuts and chopped. Anyway it is cut the taste is good and the look gives the change.
This time I cut it lengthwise. When I grabbed the nonstick pan, an idea triggered to spread the pieces of okra into the hot pan in medium low flame and stir occasionally. It starts stewing. Add a little salt and pepper powder. Again stirred. To my surprise I found it almost cooked. Then why to add oil? I finished cooking without oil and it taste good too. So if you are conscious to reduce oil in your cooking go for this way of sautéing your veggies. The interesting fact is that you can attend washing and cleaning your dishes and kitchen while the sautéing is going on in low flame.
When I get the positive results I can’t wait to share in my blog ❤️ 


No comments:

Post a Comment